Monday, March 30, 2015

Kauri swimming sports

KAURI SWIMMING SPORTS

We had our Kauri swimming sports day last Wednesday. We went to Matangi school and spent a very hot day swimming, cheering on our class mates and having fun.

The length and width race swimmers went out to Matangi first.





It was really deep at  the end they started their race in.
Everyone did really well.

Room 8 students said that it was quite scary jumping in to such deep water, they tried not to look down and swam as fast as they could!

The width races started half way down the pool.

Check out the video of the freestyle race.




We all watched the races and cheered our friends and classmates on.



After the width and length races, the rest of Kauri team joined us for fun races. We did 'Dolphin diving', 'Piggy back races', Bottom diving' and 'Flutterboard sitting'.

'My favourite was the bottom diving' Tristan.

'My favourite was the freestyle race' - Nivriti




Swimming sports certificates will be given at Kauri assembly on Wednesday 1st April. Please come along and celebrate our achievement with us!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was an awesome day that was me and my friend doing the length in the first picture.
    When we went in I couldn't even touch the ground it was deep and when I say deep I mean deep.
    I liked going to Matangi school there pool is nice and warm!
    I came first at backstroke and second at freestyle!!!!YAY.
    Alexus rm8.

    ReplyDelete